If you’re a high school graduate eyeing a career as an air hostess, there are important considerations to explore. Air hostess courses after 12th grade offer a gateway into the aviation industry. Generally lasting between 6 months to a year, these courses blend theoretical and practical training, covering aviation safety, in-flight procedures, customer service, emergency handling, and more. Eligibility usually requires a 12th-grade completion from a recognized board, alongside certain age and physical criteria.
These courses emphasize personal grooming, communication skills, and etiquette to present a professional demeanor. Upon completion, certification is granted, bolstering employment prospects. Reputable institutes often facilitate job placements, offering assistance for interviews and recruitment processes. Physical fitness is crucial, given the demands of the role, involving extended standing and attending to passengers.
Language proficiency, particularly in English, is advantageous due to diverse passenger interactions. Starting as an air hostess can lead to growth opportunities within the aviation industry, allowing progression into roles such as senior flight attendant, cabin manager, or even airline management positions. Success in this career path hinges on dedication, adaptability, and a passion for exceptional customer service in a dynamic environment.
List of Air Hostess Courses After 12th
Here’s a list of Air Hostess courses after 12th grade, along with their durations and qualification criteria:
|Degree in Aviation Management||3 years||Degree|
|Diploma in Air Hostess Training||1 year||Diploma|
|Certificate in Cabin Crew Management||6 months||Certificate|
|Diploma in Aviation Hospitality||1 year||Diploma|
|Degree in Airline Customer Service||3 years||Degree|
|Certificate in In-flight Services||6 months||Certificate|
|Diploma in Airport Ground Services||1 year||Diploma|
|Certificate in Aviation Safety||6 months||Certificate|
|Diploma in Aviation Communication||1 year||Diploma|
|Certificate in Emergency Procedures||6 months||Certificate|
|Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management||1 years||Diploma|
|Certificate in Grooming and Etiquette||6 months||Certificate|
|Diploma in In-flight Catering Management||1 year||Diploma|
|Degree in Airport Operations||3 year||Degree|
|Certificate in Passenger Handling||6 months||Certificate|
|Diploma in Aviation Security||1 year||Diploma|
|Certificate in Language Proficiency (English)||3 months||Certificate|
|Diploma in Aviation Psychology||1 year||Diploma|
|Certificate in Aviation First Aid||6 months||Certificate|
|Diploma in In-flight Entertainment Management||1 year||Diploma|
Please note that the specific eligibility criteria and course details may vary based on the institution offering these courses. It’s advisable to research and confirm the requirements before applying.
Air Hostess Courses After 12th Science and Commerce
Air hostess courses are open to students from various educational backgrounds, including both science and commerce streams after completing their 12th grade. Regardless of your academic background, you can pursue air hostess training and embark on a rewarding career in the aviation industry. These courses focus on developing essential skills such as communication, customer service, safety procedures, and in-flight management, which are applicable to individuals from diverse educational paths.
Here are some air hostess courses that are suitable for students who have completed their 12th grade in both the science and commerce streams:
For Science Stream Students
1. Diploma in Air Hostess Training:- Equips science stream students with essential skills in aviation safety, customer service, and emergency procedures, preparing them for a dynamic career as an air hostess.
2. Diploma in Aviation Hospitality:- Focuses on providing science students with specialized knowledge in hospitality services within the aviation industry, including passenger interaction, communication, and in-flight management.
3. Degree in Aviation Management:- Offers science stream students a comprehensive understanding of aviation operations, management, and customer service, opening doors to various roles within the airline industry.
For Commerce Stream Students
1. Diploma in Air Hostess Training:- Tailored for commerce stream students, this course imparts skills in customer relations, emergency handling, and flight procedures, preparing them for a successful career as an air hostess.
2. Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management:- Ideal for commerce students interested in the travel sector, this course covers the essentials of tour operations, travel planning, and hospitality management within the aviation industry.
3. Degree in Airline Customer Service:- Geared toward commerce stream students, this degree program focuses on customer service, public relations, and airline operations, providing a foundation for various roles in aviation.
Both science and commerce stream students can find suitable courses that align with their interests and strengths, allowing them to pursue a fulfilling career as an air hostess within the aviation industry.
Air Hostess Courses After 12th How Many Years and Fee
For individuals considering a career in the aviation industry as an air hostess after completing their 12th grade, there are several courses available with varying durations and associated fees. These courses are designed to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in roles within the airline and hospitality sectors. Here’s a brief overview:
Here are some top air hostess courses after 12th along with their durations and approximate fee ranges in Indian rupees. Please note that fees can vary based on the institute and location.
|Courses Name||Duration||Fee Range|
|Diploma in Air Hostess Training||1 year||50,000 – 1,50,000 INR|
|Diploma in Aviation Hospitality||1 year||40,000 – 1,20,000 INR|
|Diploma in Airport Ground Services||1 year||60,000 – 1,80,000 INR|
|Degree in Aviation Management||3 years||2,00,000 – 6,00,000 INR|
|Degree in Airline Customer Service||3 years||2,50,000 – 7,00,000 INR|
Air Hostess Course After 12th: Eligibility Criteria
For those interested in pursuing air hostess courses after completing their 12th grade, here’s a general overview of the eligibility criteria:
1. Educational Qualification: Candidates should have successfully completed their 12th grade (10+2) from a recognized board or educational institution. Both science and commerce stream students are generally eligible to apply.
2. Age Limit: The age requirements may vary depending on the institute, but candidates are typically expected to be between 17 and 26 years of age. Some institutes might have specific age criteria for entry.
3. Physical Fitness: Given the nature of the job, candidates must meet specific physical requirements in terms of height, weight, vision, and overall fitness. Airlines and institutes may have their own set of guidelines for physical attributes.
4. Language Proficiency: Proficiency in English is often required, as it is the primary language used in the aviation industry. Some institutes may also require proficiency in other languages, which can be advantageous for interacting with diverse passengers.
5. Appearance and Grooming: Air hostesses are expected to maintain a professional appearance. Candidates should possess good grooming habits, including personal hygiene, appropriate attire, and a pleasant demeanor.
6. Communication Skills: Effective communication and interpersonal skills are crucial for an air hostess role. Institutes often assess candidates’ ability to communicate clearly and courteously.
7. Medical Standards: Candidates must meet certain medical standards to ensure they can handle the physical demands of the job and respond effectively in emergency situations. A medical examination might be part of the admission process.
Air Hostess Courses After 12th: Fitness Requirements
For individuals considering air hostess courses after completing their 12th grade, meeting certain fitness standards is crucial due to the physically demanding nature of the role. Airlines and training institutes typically have specific fitness criteria that candidates must fulfill. Here’s an overview of the fitness requirements:
1. Height and Weight: Airlines often set minimum and maximum height and weight requirements to ensure that air hostesses can perform their duties comfortably and efficiently. These requirements can vary, but they are generally designed to ensure proper mobility within the aircraft’s confined spaces.
2. Vision: Good vision is essential for air hostesses, as they need to read safety instructions, communicate with passengers, and be aware of their surroundings. Candidates usually need to meet specific vision standards, often corrected to 20/20 with glasses or contact lenses.
3. Health and Fitness: Candidates should be in good overall health and physical condition. The job may involve prolonged periods of standing, walking, and assisting passengers, so a certain level of physical fitness is required. Institutes and airlines may conduct medical examinations to assess a candidate’s fitness for the role.
4. Medical History: Candidates are typically required to disclose their medical history, including any pre-existing conditions or allergies. Certain medical conditions might disqualify candidates from pursuing an air hostess career due to safety concerns.
5. Physical Stamina: Air hostesses often work long flights with irregular schedules. Candidates should have the physical stamina to manage these demands while ensuring the safety and comfort of passengers.
6. Mobility and Flexibility: Mobility and flexibility are important for moving around the aircraft, accessing overhead compartments, and assisting passengers. Candidates should be able to perform these tasks comfortably.
7. Appearance and Grooming: Maintaining a well-groomed appearance is essential for air hostesses. This includes factors like maintaining a healthy complexion, well-kept hair, and proper attire.
Air Hostess Courses After 12th: Admission and Entrance Exams
If you’re aiming to pursue air hostess courses after completing your 12th grade, it’s important to understand the admission process and potential entrance exams.
1. Research and Selection: Begin by researching reputable institutes or aviation academies that offer air hostess training. Look into their course offerings, curriculum, facilities, and placement records.
2. Eligibility Check: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria set by the institute, which generally include educational qualifications, age limits, physical fitness, and language proficiency.
3. Application Submission: Submit your application form to the chosen institute within the specified deadlines. This may involve providing personal and educational details, as well as relevant documents.
4. Entrance Exams (if applicable): Some institutes may conduct entrance exams to assess your suitability for the program. These exams could cover areas like English proficiency, general knowledge, and aptitude.
5. Selection Process: Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview or group discussion round to evaluate communication skills, personality, and suitability for the role of an air hostess.
6. Medical Examination: Institutes often require candidates to undergo a medical examination to ensure they meet the physical fitness standards required for the role.
7. Final Selection: Institutes will finalize the selection based on entrance exam scores, interviews, and overall performance throughout the admission process.
1. Airline-Specific Exams: Some airlines or institutes may have their own entrance exams designed to assess candidates’ aptitude, communication skills, and general knowledge related to the aviation industry.
2. Common Entrance Tests: Certain institutes may require candidates to appear for common entrance tests that evaluate English language proficiency, reasoning ability, and basic knowledge related to aviation.
3. Aptitude Tests: These tests gauge candidates’ suitability for a career as an air hostess by evaluating their interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities, and communication skills.
4. Interviews and Group Discussions: Many institutes include interview rounds or group discussions to assess candidates’ personality traits, communication skills, and ability to work in a team.
5. Medical Assessments: While not traditional entrance exams, medical assessments are a crucial part of the selection process. They ensure that candidates are physically fit to perform the duties of an air hostess.
Top College Offers Air Hostess Courses After 12th Year
There are several colleges in India that provide an air hostess program. Any of the colleges listed below will accept applicants.
|S No.||Institutes Name|
|1||Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training|
|2||Jet Airways Training Academy|
|3||Avalon Aviation Academy|
|4||Kingfisher Training Academy|
|5||Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics|
|6||Universal Aviation Academy|
|7||Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics|
|8||Air Hostess Academy (AHA)|
|9||Bombay Flying Club College of Aviation|
|10||Skyline Air Hostess Training Institute|
Skills Required for Air Hostess Courses
Certainly, here are the top 10 skills that are often required and highly beneficial for individuals pursuing air hostess courses:
1. Effective Communication: Air hostesses need excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills to interact with passengers, convey safety instructions, and provide exceptional customer service.
2. Customer Service: Being courteous, empathetic, and attentive to passengers’ needs is vital for creating a positive in-flight experience.
3. Interpersonal Skills: Air hostesses often work in close quarters with fellow crew members and passengers, requiring strong interpersonal skills to maintain a harmonious environment.
4. Problem-Solving: Quick thinking and the ability to handle unexpected situations, such as medical emergencies or unruly passengers, are essential for ensuring passenger safety and comfort.
5. Calm Under Pressure: The ability to remain composed and make sound decisions during high-pressure situations, including turbulence or emergencies, is crucial.
6. Adaptability: Air hostesses work in a dynamic and ever-changing environment, so adaptability to varying schedules, time zones, and cultural differences is vital.
7. Grooming and Presentation: Air hostesses represent the airline’s image, so maintaining a professional appearance and adhering to grooming standards is a key requirement.
8. Leadership: Senior flight attendants often take on leadership roles in managing the cabin crew and coordinating in-flight operations.
9. Language Proficiency: Proficiency in English and possibly other languages is essential for clear communication with passengers from diverse linguistic backgrounds.
10. Teamwork: Collaboration with fellow cabin crew members, pilots, and ground staff is crucial for ensuring a seamless and safe flight experience.
Air Hostess Salary Package
The table below covers an Air Hostess’ salary depending on years of experience in their field
|Years of Experience||Job Title||Salary Range (Approx.)|
|0 – 1||Trainee Air Hostess||₹2.5 lakh – ₹5 lakh|
|1 – 3||Junior Air Hostess||₹3.5 lakh – ₹7 lakh|
|3 – 5||Air Hostess||₹4.5 lakh – ₹9 lakh|
|5 – 10||Senior Air Hostess||₹6 lakh – ₹12 lakh|
|10+||Chief Cabin Crew||₹10 lakh and above|
Airline Company Name as Career in Air Hostess Job
A career as an air hostess, also known as a flight attendant or cabin crew member, is an exciting and dynamic profession within the airline industry. Air hostesses play a crucial role in ensuring the safety, comfort, and satisfaction of passengers during their flight experience. This profession offers a unique blend of customer service, safety protocols, and travel opportunities, making it an appealing choice for individuals with a passion for aviation and a desire to provide exceptional service.
|S No.||Airlines Name|
It’s always recommended to research the latest information about airlines and their hiring status before making any career decisions.